Dating royal doulton china

24-Nov-2016 21:39

These brands are now owned by WWRD Holdings Ltd (Waterford Crystal, Wedgwood, Royal Doulton), based in Barlaston near Stoke-on-Trent.

On 2 July 2015 the acquisition of WWRD by the Finnish company Fiskars Corporation was completed.

Very early examples from 1934-37 may just have the royal doulton stamp on its own with a small number next to it, or just the word "bunnykins" below it.

The business specialised in making stoneware articles, including decorative bottles and salt glaze sewer pipes. The first to be engaged was George Tinworth followed by artists such as the Barlow family (Florence, Hannah, and Arthur), Frank Butler, Mark Marshall and Eliza Simmance.

In 1882, Doulton purchased the small factory of Pinder, Bourne & Co, at Nile Street in Burslem, Staffordshire, which placed Doulton in the region known as The Potteries. Alban's Church was built in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1887 with Alexandra, Princess of Wales as one of the driving forces, Doulton donated and manufactured an altarpiece, a pulpit and a font.

Apparantly this was used from approx 1942-8, then the coloured stamp was used once again. The following stamp was used from 1954-58, this one says copyright 1954. R in a circle and regd trade mark is added below the bunnykins motif, this stamp below dates to 1959-75 on earthenware. after 1967 the following stamp is usually seen, english fine bone china is added bellow the bunny motif as shown here, this stamp dates from 1968-75. With this it is easy to see a more white colour to the wares.

Prior to this, the earlier pieces have a more yellow/cream colouring. the following stamp has the copyright 1936 royal doulton (UK).

Very early examples from 1934-37 may just have the royal doulton stamp on its own with a small number next to it, or just the word "bunnykins" below it.The business specialised in making stoneware articles, including decorative bottles and salt glaze sewer pipes. The first to be engaged was George Tinworth followed by artists such as the Barlow family (Florence, Hannah, and Arthur), Frank Butler, Mark Marshall and Eliza Simmance.In 1882, Doulton purchased the small factory of Pinder, Bourne & Co, at Nile Street in Burslem, Staffordshire, which placed Doulton in the region known as The Potteries. Alban's Church was built in Copenhagen, Denmark, in 1887 with Alexandra, Princess of Wales as one of the driving forces, Doulton donated and manufactured an altarpiece, a pulpit and a font.Apparantly this was used from approx 1942-8, then the coloured stamp was used once again. The following stamp was used from 1954-58, this one says copyright 1954. R in a circle and regd trade mark is added below the bunnykins motif, this stamp below dates to 1959-75 on earthenware. after 1967 the following stamp is usually seen, english fine bone china is added bellow the bunny motif as shown here, this stamp dates from 1968-75. With this it is easy to see a more white colour to the wares.Prior to this, the earlier pieces have a more yellow/cream colouring. the following stamp has the copyright 1936 royal doulton (UK).but they all show the copyright logo (c in a circle), which is not seen on earlier wares.